Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PROCESS PICS

Action shot! Carlos almost made it in this one. This is when I was brainstorming on several floor plan layout options. The final cut list is below. I cicled the three I liked best and I'l be taking the strongest elements of these three layouts and combining them for my final design


Given that my client teaches watercolor classes, I wanted to provide some double sided easles for her and her students to use, which i modeled below. Stephanie was kind enough to point out however that vertical easels are not the ideal way to paint watercolor given that the paint is so thin it will run all over the canvas if placed vertically. So I re-thought my plan and built a small model shown above of some built-in work stations that have a minimal angle for her students to use. I'm considering building them either into the wall below the windows in the main space or building them into the island. We'll see...







This is a gestural rendering of my large built-in wall shelving system for Ms. Heffernan's apartment. I tried to incorporate strong horizontal lines with some organic arch and fluid line forms. The idea is that the lower part will serve as storage units for books and other media, while the top area breaks up the wall space to alow for the showcasing of Ms. Heffernan and her student's paintings.




No comments:

Post a Comment