Friday, April 2, 2010

NEIGHBORHOOD C REVIEW

GROUND FLOOR-

The design of the ground floor presented by Carlos was very unique in both form and color. The most unique elements of the design were the columns. The work out equipment is integrated into the columns which I found to be a very strong point of the design. Integrated columns are a point that I could potentially adopt into my design. The biggest concern I have for the design of the first floor overall would be the layout.

FIRST FLOOR-

The design of the first floor done by Casandra and Hailey was based on a grid-like design. The concept was based on order and Chaos. I thought the color scheme was strong. However I though it strange that they chose to devote a third of their floor space to just the daycare, considering how small of a demographic children make up in the building. I also would not have devoted the southwest corner of the building to just storage, blocking a significant portion of the natural light that could be let into the space.

SECOND FLOOR –

This floor was designed by Wes, Vanessa, and Hailey. The concept and layout was based on oasis. This floor encompassed a cookery and garden, and focused on slow foods. I think it had a daycare as well which I though curious, as the first floor also had a day care. Overall I thought the format of the presentation was nice, however, a lot of the images were too small to see. I would have liked to see a large version of the floor plan to better understand the organization of space. Other than that I thought their project brought a different angle to Unity Village with the incorporating food into the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment