Monday, April 12, 2010

DESIGN STRENGTH

There are probably as many definitions of what it means to be a ‘Designer’ as there are people who would call themselves ‘Designers.’ This is because each ‘Designer’ has different strengths and weaknesses. I would have to say my biggest design strength, (or at least I hope,) is my ability to incorporate aesthetic beauty with form and function in my design work. One of the largest reasons I was attracted to the pursuit of a career as a ‘Designer,’ is the very idea that I could create things that not only work really well, but are also equally beautiful and vice versa. This way of thought stems from equal parts love of beautiful things and love of things that work extremely well. This way of thought and path of life are regarded by many people in a negative way in that I (or all ‘designers’ in general) are just “picky people.” While I understand how some people may feel this way, I also recognize the enormous impact that both good and bad design have on the entire world both positively and negatively respectively. I do not strive to create beautiful things that function well because I am a vein person, I do it because I truly believe beautiful things that work well make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment