Wednesday, March 4, 2009

FOUST




My attempt to DIAGRAM the CONTEXT of the Foust building. I will let the text I placed in the diagram do the talking here...




One of my favorite and probably most often overlooked details of the FOUST building, the chimneys. Done in pen and marker.




This was my attempt to emulate the style of Greg Cappulo and Todd McFarlane, the pencil and ink respectively artists who created the bottom image in a SPAWN comic book. These guys were the heros of my youth so I thought I would take a chance and try to reach back to show a little bit of what I was in to in middle school. haha



The top drawing was done by me, trying to work in the style demonstrated in the bottom drawing by Thomas C Wang. Both were done in 2B pencil. I particularly like the way his drawing seems to fall apart as it moves away from the center. I attempted to accomplish that in my drawing as well.




The top drawing is one I did of the stairway that leads to the basement. I am trying to emulate the style of Elisabeth with very busy and quick pen strokes. This angle was challenging but I tried to get the same vanishing point in my drawing as she did in hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment